20120312

SMASH PROJECT 2012

 Finally!!! Been waiting for this big event, THE SMASH PROJECT 2012 featuring THE CAB, COBRA STARSHIP, DASHBOARD CONFESSIONAL AND THE USED!

our tix

Since January I already marked this date on my calendar "March 8, 2012", I'm expecting a hell yeah night of rock and roll at the big dome!

It was almost 7pm when we arrived at Smart Araneta Coliseum, at the front gate some are selling merchandise of the bands, selling CDs and T-shirts. Then we went inside, our seat is Patron 112 (row D seat 3). Patron is not yet full at that time,though there are quite people already on the front stage (Patron standing), the show will start at 8pm. A lot of people on General Admission area and Upper box ^^

Before the front act starts, I saw Miggy and Mong of Chicosci at Patron standing area, we also saw Gabby of Urbandub, guitarist of Typecast and just sitting in front of us are the drummer and guitarist of Slapshock.

Big dome starts to dim the lights at 8pm and a count down at the screen, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
TYPECAST!



Next is URBANDUB.



Next is CHICOSCI



These local bands are so great! I like Chicosci's performance of PARIS. Miggy looks so young, I couldn't imagine that he is already 30 years old, he looks like a college boy, well he's cute ^^

Then another front act, this time it's the International Indie Band from Malaysia "One Buck Short", they were good. 

One Buck Short

But what caught my attention is Chris Carrabba from the side of the stage watching this band. I quickly go there to take photos ^^




A lot of front acts right? Now here goes another front act, save the best for last front act is the band "SLAPSHOCK"




I enjoyed watching Splashock, they were awesome too. What a bunch of great local bands opening for The Smash Project 2012. So excited for the next hours....

THE CAB

I know The Cab will perform first, seeing Alex Marshall setting up his camcorder or phone to record their performance, I caught him and we quickly rush to the side of the stage to take a closer look at him, oh that gorgeous guy! I can' resist him, seriously!!! 


Now it's time for THE CAB to rock The Big Dome!

 Alex De Leon
  THE CAB
Joey Thunder
 Alex De Leon
Alex Marshall

The Cab Setlist: 
Angel With a Shotgun
Temporary Bliss
Take My Hand
Vegas Skies
Bad
Intoxicated
I'll Run
La La
Living Lounder
Bounce

We caught Bert McCracken watching The Cab.

They seem to enjoy the crowd too, singing their songs!

I love The Cab! For almost two months listening to non-stop music of The Cab on my playlist, finally seeing them performing live was such a great experience! I'm a big fan of this band, I really love them so much!

I love Alex Marshall, so lucky that we were at the side of the stage because Alex Marshall was at that side too! Alex De Leon's voice is amazing! I hope they will come back here in Philippines to perform a solo concert, that would be great! Those two ALEX are so HOT! 


COBRA STARSHIP

Now for the second band Cobra Starship live on stage! I'm not a big fan of this band, but they were good! Gabe Saporta ripped his pants, he also says that he became the president of Philippines, he is a total performer, I'm starting to like them and enjoying their catchy music! 






Cobra Starship Setlist:
The City is a War
Nice Guys Finish Last
One Night
Good Girls Go Bad
You Make me Feel
Kiss My Sass
Hot Mess
Guilty Pleasure
Smile for the Paparazzi
My Moves are White

I personally like the song Good Girls Go Bad and Guilty Pleasure.

We get a chance to touch Gabe's hand ^^ He jump on the stage and walks to the side just in front of us ^^ He is so tall and sexy ^^ He's a cool guy!


DASHBOARD CONFESSIONAL

Chris Carrabba get on the stage, a one man band! Well with that look that mesmerizes every single woman on the big dome! And when he smiles, oh no~ you will definitely melts! hahahaha ^^

I'm really into this guy, I don't know why, I simply love him! His voice is so great! His looks is dazzling as always, he is the best that night! A great solo performer of the night!






Dashboard Confessional Setlist:
Don't Wait
As Lovers Go
The Good Fight
Get Me Right
Screaming Infidelities
Again I Go Unnoticed
Saints and Sailors
Best Deceptions
Belle of the Boulevard
Vindicated
Stolen
Hands Down

I enjoyed Chris Carrabba's performance, I think everybody does, look who we caught watching Chris.

Bert McCracken seriously watching Chris ^^

I also saw Gabe Saporta watching and even singing Screaming Infidelities at the backstage.

Chris says he met Manny Pacquiao, he even says that he can beat him, ~hehehe~ funny Chris Carrabba ^^

I'm so happy to see Chris Carrabba performs live, I missed him last time he visits Manila. When I learned that he will come back, I told to myself that I need to watch this concert no matter what ^^

I hope he comes back again with his band, Dashboard Confessional is a great band!


THE USED

Now time for some rockin' Manila, the last band to perform "THE USED"! Bert McCracken opens the show with the song "Take it Away". Here goes the large band banner, and so I say "So this is The Used concert", because they are the only band who have a banner on stage ^^ ~cool~


One lucky fan from Malaysia named Wong came to join The Used on stage singing "In Your Eyes", as Bert says "Dreams truly come true"


 





The Used Setlist: Take It Away, The Bird and the Worm, Listening, I Caught Fire, I Come Alive, The Taste of Ink, All That I've Got, Blue and Yellow, Paralyzed, the Best of Me, Pretty Handsome Awkward, A Box Full of Sharp Objects

The Used definitely rocks Manila! creating a mosh pit, I even saw Miggy & Mong at the mosh pit ^^ ~cool~

Another great performance! The Used were amazing band! Bert McCracken smashing the night with a hell of performance! 

Look again who we caught watching.... Chris Carrabba, enjoying the performance of The Used


Now for the encore, an EPIC encore! As Bert invites Chris on stage to perform "A Box Full of Sharp Objects", I was so happy again seeing Chris on stage, he was so cute , like a kid rocking with The Used! He even scream!!!! yay~ definitely the best performance of the night! 





My sister was so lucky to get the drumstick of Dan Whitesides after the encore! ^^

These guys show more beyond my expectations! They were the best!!!

BEST CONCERT for 2012 so far! Best rocking concert of 2012 Smash Project 2012! Thanks to Dayly Entertainment for bringing these best bands! I hope they will continue to bring best bands like this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment